Sunday, August 3, 2008

Water Weighted her Wings

There's a storm rolling through right now and I absolutely love it. It's one of those perfect storms when all the lightning is just on the horizon, all of the thunder is distant and, every now and again, wind blows water from the leaves on the trees giving the illusion that the rain has begun to fall harder. I sat outside under an awning and simply watched the patterns of the lighting in the clouds. It almost looks playful, like a game of tag, until you see a particularly sharp edged fork of electricity jump from clouds to some distant object. It's in these moments that one becomes aware of the sheer power of mother nature, and is reminded of their appreciation for the earth.

On top of this, I'm feeling creative, but not manic. I had a great night last night and a productive day today, so this evening is pure contentment. The only way it could be any better is if I could curl up with someone special and watch the water bead up on the window and talk about nights like these.

No comments: